Friday, August 21, 2009

Public Option is Vital

As a Risk Manager, I have had the privilege and bane of having to manage health benefits. In addition, I actually worked for one of the "Blues" and spent time on a subrogation desk keeping claims from being paid. (No, I didn't like the job). Now that I am a full time consultant, I am in the market for a good affordable health care plan that doesn't require me to take out a second mortgage on my house so I can pay for it.

Anyone currently railing against a public payer option (ie. run by the government) is only a breath away from needing this plan themselves. Wait until you get laid off.....get really sick......or try to find an independent policy because you cannot find a group plan that you can join. You and your family are really that close to losing affordable health care.

In addition. this whole fight is between those that have and those that don't. It exemplifies the cruelty this country exhibits when they are afraid they "won't get theirs."

And, if you think insurance and drug companies are your friends.....you deserve to read Sarah Palin's blog.

Call you senator and your representative and tell them a public option is vital. Remember, you and your family are only an ambulance ride or job loss away from experiencing the unavailability of health care for yourselves. For those of you that don't heed this message, may I see you at the mercy of the drug and insurance companies you support. If they win this fight, the lack of affordable heath care will only get worse with their hands at the helm of our healthcare system.

No comments: